Telemedicine is the ability to provide a patient with interactive healthcare, using technological advances and telecommunications. Telemedicine allows patients to talk to a doctor over video, or telephone, for immediate care of all medical situations which do not require the urgent intervention of an Emergency Room doctor. Whether a patient lives on a farm in Iowa, or the teeming big city of New York, telehealth or telemedicine is an invaluable tool for improving quality of life nationwide.
Positive aspects of telemedicine include:
1. The telemedicine specialist actually hears the medical history, symptoms and current condition directly from the patient.
2. The telemedicine specialist is not only talking directly to the patient, but he is also taking in current symptoms as they surface.
3. The telemedicine specialist can diagnose and recommend immediate courses for treatment of the illness, or the symptoms associated with the illness.
4. The telemedicine specialist has the opportunity to complete a more thorough investigation over the telephone, eliminating the problems brought about by bureaucratic time constraints.
5. The telemedicine specialist can treat patients in their homes, ensuring that patients are staying within their own communities and providing cost savings to the patients by avoiding long distance travel.
How can I learn more about telemedicine?
In order to learn more about telemedicine, we suggest that you either call us at 866-232-1343 or visit MD247 on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/md247dotcom.
and tagged with md247, florida, healthcare, telemedicine, discount, telehealth
read the full story